Can not creat or duplicate new contents

Topics: Administration
Mar 29, 2014 at 4:19 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to Orchard, I have installed and play around with Orchard and see strange thing, not sure it's bug or configuration : at first, I can create new contents or page just fine after site is up, but after one night, I can not create new content or page any more, click duplication is not work.

Thanks in advance
Developer
Mar 30, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Edited Mar 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM
When you say that you can't create new content items anymore, what exactly happens when you try and do so? Are you getting an error? Blank page? Missing buttons?
Mar 31, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Hi, I figured out, the issue occurred because I removed Common part ( Provides common information about a content item, such as Owner, Date Created, Date Published and Date Modified.) in Content Definition of Page. I'm not sure what's going on behind it.

The flow is I want to hide owner and creation time, I go to page definition and remove Common and I'm no longer can creating page or clone page, I clicked clone page but the page is now display in page list. I restored Common of Page and everything fine, but owner still display in my page.

Thanks,
Developer
Mar 31, 2014 at 11:29 PM
To remove those fields, you can do two things...
  1. Edit the content Type - In there, there are settings for the Common Part. Just opt to hide them
  2. Edit the placement.info file for your theme to remove them from the User facing UI
N