Topics: Writing modules
Mar 18, 2014 at 9:42 PM
I think we need very important module for orchard. Yes, Newsletter module.
I want to create newsletter module to send email to my subscribers.
I have some question about creating this module. Please note that i want to use service for sending emails.
Some question about this module is:
  1. I can send emails in background task or i must create a page and for example send emails in parts with 50 emails in every part, then refresh page automatically and send another part. (What is best way for preventing timeout or similar problems?)
  2. I think the better way may be creating a queue of emails for sending. But can i create queue with large number of emails in SQLCE? Specially that orchard does not delete records physically therefore my database size grows immediately.
  3. What is correct way for creating task for sending emails from queue and deleting it after sending?
  4. Does Orchard any task interface with arbitrary interval?
Can everybody guide me for creating this module?
Mar 18, 2014 at 11:32 PM
The Job Queue module is in 1.x and has been done to solve this problem. And the smtp settings can use Mandrill without any problem.
Mar 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM
@sebastienros - Very Thanks for your reply.
Is there some documentation or sample for how to use Job Queue module?
I think Job Queue module can queue every event. correct?
Please be aware that i must create new email messaging module that will use mandrill API, Because mandrill SMTP implements old standard for example about email subject length. Also i need sub account features, ...
Can i use Job Queue with new module if i create it based on event bus?
Mar 19, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Job Queue can queue any bus event, which means you can create your own message. If you want to intercept standard "Email" messages then you can register your own IMessageChannel, and take over SmtpChannel.