Page specific themes & Custom URLs

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Mar 12, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Hi all,

We are a web development company who are looking for a new CMS. As such I am new to Orchard, but very impressed with what I have seen.

I have a couple of fairly specific requirements that I am trying to achieve and I figured here was the best place to ask.
  1. Page specific themes - I would like to allow individual pages to have different themes (or even a sub-set of the main theme, but with a different layout). I have investigated some modules (including designer tools, vandelay industries, theme editor, layout selector, etc.) and while they claim to be able to do it, none of them appear to add the functionality I am looking for (it may be due to my 1.7 installation?)
  2. Custom page URLs - I would like to be able to point a URL at a specific page. Eg. the main site is and functions as expected, however I would like to point to
The use case for this involves a company that has 'projects' (think, real estate developments) and wants to have a single corporate site, but also small 'micro-sites' for individual projects. I have investigated the multi-tenant system and this will work great for some websites we are considering, however it seems overkill for a single page micro-site that could be within the main site.

Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM
I'll comment on the 2nd Q: looks like a standalone website, while it is actually just a 'subset', running on (NOT as a tenant).

Just to state that it is possible ;)
Mar 13, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Hi AimOrchard,

Thank you for the reply, that does seem quite useful. Now I just need to figure out how it is done!

Anyone else able to help?