Content Items Capacity

Topics: General
Feb 26, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Can anyone give me an idea if there is a Capacity threshold I should be aware of? We are in the process of making a decision if Orchard is the right product for us.. We store millions of records or part types, Each one is searchable, purchasable etc.. Our data increases every day. If I said we would have 10 million content items, would that be a concern? Mind you this would be a single specific type.
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2014 at 6:57 AM
I think it's currently unusable with this amount of data, just because of a simple sql query which doesn't order the tables as they should. Otherwise it would be fine.
I will look at it but right now it would be a no.
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2014 at 4:33 AM
By the time I wrote this answer I was right. Now I would be wrong. I just pushed some changes on the 1.x branch which makes Orchard work very well with 1M content items, in my test using Page items which contain BodyPart, TagPart, TitlePart, AutoroutePart and CommonPart. There is no perceptible differences in terms of performance when accessing the Contents page for instance. Before this is would have timed out. This doesn't mean that you can manipulate LOTS of items in a same view, but that data growth won't impact the performance.

I'll try with more data later.