Orchard query by blog post content type

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard
Feb 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Edited Feb 26, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Hi there

I have created a query which returns all blog post content types and then sorts the results descending.

This works however where we have edited one particular blog 3 times it is showing as 3 separate blog posts rather than 1. Is there a way of returning the latest version of this blog please? Something along the lines of a distinct query if I was writing the SQL.

I have tried deleting a blog post but deleted posts are still included in the query results but when I go to 'manage blog' they are not visible!

Any help would be much appreciated,

Many thanks in advance,

Kirsty
Feb 26, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Hi,
I can't reproduce the problem. Do you mean that every time you made a change to your blog post Orchard creates a new post?
That is weird.

Anyway, if you want to "hide" posts in your queries you can simply unpublish them, and they will no appear.

Regards,
Matías
Feb 27, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Thanks Matias, I have tried unpublishing them and they still show in the query!

Is there a way to filter on whether something is published or unpublished?

Tx Kirsty

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:24 PM
First of all, maybe we have different versions of Orchard installed. I can't reproduce the issues you describe. Do you have 1.7.2 installed?

I can't find a way to filter on published. But I tried the following and it seems to work.
  • Edit Blog Post Content Type. Add a new boolean field. Call it something like "DisplayInQueries".
  • Edit your query. Add a new filter. Now you should have a new group of filters , "Blog Post Content Fields". Use the the filter: DisplayInQueries:Value.
Then you simply need to edit your blog post and check the displayInQueries checkbox on the posts you want to show.
I don't know if it is the "right way" to do it but I tested and it works for me.

Regards,
Matías
Mar 3, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Hi again Matias,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked and I am using Orchard v.1.6.0.0.

I followed your steps for adding in a Boolean field and this worked brilliantly. Thanks so much.

For some reason once I had checked the field for each query I then published each one again.

Now on all my query results on the website all the dates are showing as today 03/03/3014 rather than the created date.

Do you know a way round this? Today’s date would be the modified date not the created date.

Thanks again,

Kirsty