Taxonomies

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Feb 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm developing a site for friend who sells wine, I've created taxonomies, terms and added a projection to display the wines. I've added a menu to display the taxonomies.

But what I want to do is create some kind of filter:

On the left (instead of the menu) I would like to display radioboxes where a user can select the color of the wine and also the country.

So when you click on products you see them all and when you select "white" and "France" you should only see white wines from France

(like a standard webshop)

How can I accomplish this with Orchard?

Kind regards,

Borrie
Feb 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM
I've been searching around and ajax is used a lot for multi-filtering without refresh.

Anyone have experience with implementing this in Orchard to filter a projection based on taxonomy terms?

Borrie
Mar 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Edited Mar 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM
ignore this, could'n delete the post...
Mar 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Does anyone now how to use _taxonomyService.GetContentItems or _taxonomyService.GetCotentItemsQuery to get contentitems based on multiple terms?

My contentitem has 3 taxonomies attached to it with different terms in each taxonomy
Feb 23, 2015 at 1:43 PM
@borrierulez how did you solve this functionality?
Feb 23, 2015 at 1:52 PM
man, i ended up writing a loooot of code :)

Take a look at this: http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/613785/How-to-Use-CheckBoxListFor-With-ASP-NET-MVC

I'm generating checkboxlists from my taxonomy terms, then hookup javascript on change of the checkboxes.

It's been a while since i programmed it, you may wonna look at other solutions then Orchard for this kind of functionality... Maybe some standard webshop cms

Borrie