trouble showing translated media items on front end.

Topics: Localization, Troubleshooting
Feb 19, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Edited Feb 20, 2014 at 7:31 AM
i have added to the ''HtmlWidget'' content type an additional Media Library Picker Field to create an image gallery.
I also made the HtmlWidget and Image content types as localizable by adding the localizable part.
In my page i add a new html widget which has some images attached to the newly attached Media Library Picker field.
I am also using RM.Localization package so user can switch languages, because its the only culture selector that works on 1.7.2.
I have created translated versions of the html widget that contains the image gallery.
so i have the main english version and the child german version of the html widget.
The html widget can have one or many images in it.
For each image I create the translated version of it , mainly the title and caption of the image.
But when i display my widget on front end and switch languages the image gallery content items are not shown in the selected language but remain in default language.
Is this a bug or am i doing it wrong?
I think there is a mix up in the relation here.
Because if i go to the german version of the html widget and look at the images and hove over the image to see what Content Item id it points to its still pointing to the original langauge content item id (english) when it should have its own.
Ive also noticed in shape tracer that while Im on the german version of page if i check out the media shapes , localizationpart -->Culture Id its set to en-us , not de-DE as it should be, as shown below.

Any help would be appreciated as i am on a deadline.

Also when translating images it seems the Media library gets confused.
It shows the translated content items without any images in the ''Recent'' Node while no images actually exist on the file server, as shown below.

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM