Custom Module View base class

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Localization, Writing modules
Feb 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Hi Everyone

I'm playing around with Orchard and following parts of this tutorial using VS2013 Update 1, I've got to the stage of building the templates however it seems that my View base class isn't using Orchard.Mvc.ViewEngines.RazorWebViewPage<T>. This obviously causes issues with IntelliSense not picking up on @T() or @Display etc.
Is this a known issue and anyone know of a fix/workaround?

Thanks

Ben
Developer
Feb 14, 2014 at 2:38 PM
This shouldn't cause any issues, thus it seems Razor IntelliSense is broken for you in Orchard. This happens...

Which Orchard version are you using? Did you try overwriting the root Web.config of your module from a built-in module?
Feb 14, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM
As the other modules have the same issue as well I didn't expect this to work but tried anyway with no luck. I believe the editor isn't using the right base class for the views, see below image.Image.

Any ideas, really hampering my efforts learning Orchard.
Feb 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM
I am completely new to this and not much of a programmer, but switching the 1.x branch solved most of my intellisense issues while using VS 2013 express, save for the occasional reference that I need to add. If your just following the tutorials then I would suspect that will work just fine.
Marked as answer by TheDuke2k on 2/14/2014 at 2:35 PM
Feb 14, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Thanks Holmes, I'll give that a try.

Forgot to mention that I was working with the 1.7.2 code.

Can you give me an idea of the differences between the branches? Just had a quick look at the source code but didn't see any readme's etc.
Feb 14, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Working with the 1.x branch seems to work fine, thanks for the tip Holmes, I see 1.7.2 was merged into this branch at some point so should be ok to work with would be nice to see some info on the different ones though.

Ben
Feb 16, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Happy you solved your issue, please next time avoid checking all topics.
Mar 11, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Can anyone shed any light on the differences with these branches?

CSADNT wrote:
Happy you solved your issue, please next time avoid checking all topics.
Sorry I'm not sure how the Announcements topic got selected, but felt the other 3 would have benefited everyone.