Need DLL for issue #20318

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Feb 12, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Hi folks:

Would someone be willing to email or provide the updated DLLs for issue #20318?

i'm having the same problem as outlined:

I'm new to orchard and haven't gotten the environment setup for compiling in VS2012 yet.

I tried creating and using a custom contact form as described in this issue, and get blank form data.

If anyone would be willing to provide the DLL with the compiled fixes for the Custom Forms module, that'd be great.

(I'm trying to figure out how to get the source code setup in VS2012 for compiling on my own, but i'm not there yet. )
Feb 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM
This issue is marked has resolved.
You just need git and visual studio, clone from orchard repo, open the solution and you´re done, every thing is set.
If you want to work on the stable version now it´s 1.7.2, you can cherry pick the commit where the issue is resolved or you can change the code yourself.
If you want to test the development branch just checkout the 1.7.x branch.
In order to publish in Visual Studio, you just have to right click on Orchard.Web project and choose publish (you can even choose to precompile).
Feb 13, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Thank you my friend.

I spent the day getting my dev environment ready and updated for Orchard. I installed Git, grabbed the current stable release, and compiled. I ran into some issues that were quickly resolved by updating JSON and it compiled ok.

I added the code to fix this particular issue and just pushed it up to my server. resetting the app pool, and testing to see if it corrected the issue.
Feb 13, 2014 at 4:25 AM
One last question,

Is 'master' the git branch of the 1.7.2 stable release?
Feb 13, 2014 at 6:39 AM
Yes, master is the branch of latest release. Version 1.8 is expected to be released this month, so you might want to start with 1.x branch, but I don't know how stable it is.

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Thank you so much!

Right now, my risks are low with Orchard because I'm mainly trying to learn the framework. I do have a couple sites I want to get up and running.

I'm using Winhost. So far, their ok. But one thing I like is that I can easily deploy multiple applications. I think what I'll do is try to fix this bug in the latest stable release I have, and then simultaneously put up the 1.x branch and see what's going on there, too.

I really appreciate your tips and help, guys, very much. I recognize I'm still a noobie. But so far, I just love the potential of this framework. The learning curve has been a little higher than I expected, but it's starting to come together for me.

thanks again.