How do i render a PartialViee the Orchard way

Topics: General
Feb 3 at 10:06 PM
I have a search page in my admin area and i want to ajax enable the table of results so that only the table is updated, not the entire page.

I have followed the video by Kevin Keuble on Pluralsight where he does something similar with an actors table, although I'm querying content items in the code to generate the Shape, the rest of the code is the same as implemented in the video, so i have a view for my page, a view for the table, a method on the controller to build the shape, a filter action to retrieve the shape and return it as a ShapeResult, some jquery on the page so that after half a second from keystroke, it calls the filter method on the controller using $.get(), and replaces the html for a Div element on the form with the result from the query.

No doubt you know where I'm going with this......so, when ever my code runs, it loads the entire page into the Div, not just the table results view.

Any ideas on what I've missed, I've gone through the code sample and video multiple times and the code appears to follow what is demonstrated??
Feb 3 at 10:57 PM
Try ShapePartialResult instead of ShapeResult.

Feb 3 at 11:46 PM
That did it, thanks...