Hi Everybody !
I am a newbie. Whenever I install a module and click OK, following error is displayed.
The assembly reference 'Orchard.Profile' could not be loaded for module 'UserPersonalInformation'.
There are generally a few ways to solve this issue:
- Install any dependent module.
- Remove the assembly reference from the project file if it's not needed.
- Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the module.
- Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the application.
- Specify the strong name of the assembly (name, version, culture, publickey) if the assembly is present in the GAC
I have tried my level BUT in vain. Kindly help.
Thanking in anticipation,
What do you use, Visual Studio + full source code, Web PI + WebMatrix or something else? Do
Does this happen in a development environment or a published site?
Do you have a module named UserPersonalInformation listed in your modules, is it enabled? Where did you get it from? Do you use it at all?
Do you have a module named Orchard.Profile listed in your modules, is it enabled?
You can try making a backup of UserPersonalInformation module folder and deleting it from /Modules. It's probably not functiıoning, having a missing dependency on Orchard.Profile. This module is probably the one in the gallery:
It's old, and there is some complaints in the gallery regarding Orchard.Profile dependecy as well.