The assembly reference 'Orchard.Profile' could not be loaded for module 'UserPersonalInformation'.

Topics: General
Feb 1 at 9:28 AM
Hi Everybody !

I am a newbie. Whenever I install a module and click OK, following error is displayed.

The assembly reference 'Orchard.Profile' could not be loaded for module 'UserPersonalInformation'.

There are generally a few ways to solve this issue:
  1. Install any dependent module.
  2. Remove the assembly reference from the project file if it's not needed.
  3. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the module.
  4. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the application.
  5. Specify the strong name of the assembly (name, version, culture, publickey) if the assembly is present in the GAC
I have tried my level BUT in vain. Kindly help.

Thanking in anticipation,

The Newbie
Feb 1 at 11:04 AM
What do you use, Visual Studio + full source code, Web PI + WebMatrix or something else? Do
Does this happen in a development environment or a published site?
Do you have a module named UserPersonalInformation listed in your modules, is it enabled? Where did you get it from? Do you use it at all?
Do you have a module named Orchard.Profile listed in your modules, is it enabled?

You can try making a backup of UserPersonalInformation module folder and deleting it from /Modules. It's probably not functiıoning, having a missing dependency on Orchard.Profile. This module is probably the one in the gallery: http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.UserPersonalInformation It's old, and there is some complaints in the gallery regarding Orchard.Profile dependecy as well.