How to create create/update form for front end?

Topics: General, Writing modules
Jan 30 at 2:08 PM
Hello!
Just started lean Orchard cms, it looks great. But i can not find the answer to my question. I need to create content type, that will work with Projects list of current user, so i need create and update form at frontend. I have read this article and understand how to create edit form that will be displayed at backend, but how to do the same for frontend i can not fond in documentation. Please help.
Jan 31 at 4:30 AM

Jan 31 at 5:12 AM
Edited Jan 31 at 5:54 AM
I have read about custom forms but how to show and edit information from custom forms at frontend? I can't find that information anywhere
Jan 31 at 6:05 AM
To show the form on the front end, you put it in a zone using a Custom Forms Widget, it's in the document I posted the link before.

These forms are only to submit new content, as far as I know. Here is a discussion that contains some code changes to be able to use them for editing content: https://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/404036

Ultimately, you can create a module with MVC controllers to get data from Orchard DB thru content manager, put it in some form, and update the content when form is posted. You have full control over the data display and modification with MVC controllers.