Routing error in Orchard Dashboard pages

Topics: Core, General, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Jan 28, 2014 at 9:19 PM
When I click on some menus in the Admin / Dashboard area I get a "The webpage cannot be found" error. I can capture the following comment using IE Developer Tools (detail erea):
{"Message":"No HTTP resource was found that matches the request URI 'http://localhost/iNSIPP/Admin/Navigation'.","MessageDetail":"No controller was selected to handle this request."}

This is not specific to a module/menu. My custom modules are working fine, but I have started routing many calls to Controllers (standard MVC usage) since I was required by client not to use the admin area for some features (since CMS daily users will not be allowed to access that area).

I have been developing with Orchard for 6 months and this is the first time I get this error. I am afraid I may have changed some setting somewhere in Orchard but I don't where to look. AppData/Logs didn't log anything (or rather has empty error logs). Many menus (Widgets, Themes, Rules, Navigation, etc.) bring up the same error page.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Theo
Developer
Jan 30, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Do you use a port for localhost, is that missing? Which menus are you referring to?
Feb 15, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Thanks for your reply.

This problem was solved by simply commenting out the new route definitions I had added to some modules. I believe they were conflicting with Orchard own routing scheme.