I've cooked up Orchard with blog recipe and this is what I had in mind.
- Make one blog
- Allow multiple authors to contribute to single blog.
- Do not allow users to edit each other's content, only their own.
Pretty basic idea (one company - one blog. Multiple contributors - employees willing to contribute)
But from what I can see... This can't be done that easily.
If I allow specific Role "Manage blogs for others" (I need to do this in order to allow
to contribute to blog that is owned by admin)
But If i do so... That some_author
user is also allowed to edit posts by other authors. It seems that blog posts
permissions from blog and that is a big no-no.
So... What am I to do? What is the best approach to achieve my goal?
This popped into my head 3 seconds ago...
- Remove permission to manage blogs from others.
- Every user has it's own blog with own blog posts,
- Make a container content type that contains blogs
- And when I want to display blog posts I'll iterate trough every blog post for every blog in the container item.
- This seems a bit over-engineered. No?
You don't need to create a container content type for blogs, and you don't need to iterate to display posts. Using a projection query with a content type filter for blog post type, you can list all blog posts in a single page. Btw, blog implementation
will change in Orchard 1.8 I guess. You can download the development branch (named 1.x afaik) to check if if works for your requirement, without multiple blogs.