Integration

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Jan 16, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Edited Jan 16, 2014 at 8:30 AM
I need to integrate a CMS system with an WEB ERP system. I'm seriously considering Orchard use for its architecture and its elegance but I'm not sure that to translate the complexity of an ERP system into modules Orchard is the right approach. My knowledge of Orchard is not very deep at the moment and I would like to have a suggestion. It makes sense to try to integrate the two systems through modules development, is its difficulty level acceptable or is there an alternative and best way to make Orchard with another web application coexist and cooperate in the same Web Site?

Thanks in advance
Developer
Jan 19, 2014 at 9:08 PM
I assume your ERP system has some kind of API that you can interact with. Then you can use Orchard since you can do anything from Orchard that you can from any ASP.NET (MVC) web app and Orchard gives many framework features.

On co-hosting: your best bet is to place Orchard under its own website, preferable also own AppPool. I'm pretty sure it would be very hard to tweak Web.configs until you could get them work under the same website.