Request to the Orchard community - moderation

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Writing modules
Jan 6, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Our company uses Orchard to host a number of corporate intranets. In some cases, we have found that we need a moderator per module. For example: a news-section would typically be moderated by Sales& Marketing and a Quality handbook would be moderated by HR or a department Quality Control. Currently, this is not possible as the site application manager also is the moderator for all modules. So instead of the current hierarchy:

Orchard Platform
Tenant
Site

we would like to have:

Orchard Platform
Tenant
Site
Module

This way we can let various module moderators worry about the content in their specific modules, without any day-to-day involvement of a site manager. This would better suit the common practice with corporate intranets. I know that the current administration menu gives us some features to do this, but this certainly could be enhanced, for example by having a separate administration interface per module and using the module's theme. This should be optional, as for some intranets the site manager actually WILL be the moderator of all modules.
Developer
Jan 6, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Could you elaborate the examples and use-cases (i.e. what are the sections you mentioned)? I think what you need is probably access control on a content type, maybe on a URL of content items level.

I don't think module-level "moderation" would make sense as many parts of Orchard are composed from a variety of modules. But if you detail what you'd like to do I'd understand it better.