Dojo Course

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jan 6, 2014 at 2:08 PM
I am very new this but I am trying to follow the Dojo Course videos. I am currently in "Data storage and content part development " section, video 6. When I try to run the application in the debugger I get an "ConstructorParameterBinding.cs not found" error. I think it is probably something with my configuration since the completed course project seems to compile and run normally. If anyone has any quick ideas it would help me a lot.

I am running Orchard 1.72 with VS 2013 express and I had to use (localDb)v\11.0 rather than SQL ce, but the DB table did seem to be properly created.

Thanks
Developer
Jan 6, 2014 at 6:39 PM
What does the exception's details say? Where is it thrown?
Jan 6, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I put a breakpoint at the beginning of the person controller constructor. Without the breakpoint the website return a http 500 error. With the breakpoint Visual Studio shows a file not found error which I have never seen before:

ConstructorParameterBinding.cs not found

Locating source for 'c:\Projects\OSS\autofac\Core\Source\Autofac\Core\Activators\Reflection\ConstructorParameterBinding.cs'. Checksum: MD5 {d7 c8 ed 10 8a ae cf 42 df 3c f2 d3 57 a2 74 1f}
The file 'c:\Projects\OSS\autofac\Core\Source\Autofac\Core\Activators\Reflection\ConstructorParameterBinding.cs' does not exist.
Looking in script documents for 'c:\Projects\OSS\autofac\Core\Source\Autofac\Core\Activators\Reflection\ConstructorParameterBinding.cs'...
Looking in the projects for 'c:\Projects\OSS\autofac\Core\Source\Autofac\Core\Activators\Reflection\ConstructorParameterBinding.cs'.
The file was not found in a project.
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\vc7\atlmfc'...
Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\vc7\crt'...
The debug source files settings for the active solution indicate that the debugger will not ask the user to find the file: c:\Projects\OSS\autofac\Core\Source\Autofac\Core\Activators\Reflection\ConstructorParameterBinding.cs.
The debugger could not locate the source file 'c:\Projects\OSS\autofac\Core\Source\Autofac\Core\Activators\Reflection\ConstructorParameterBinding.cs'.

I can usually muddle my through stuff but with this I don't have a clue.

Thanks
Developer
Jan 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM
I think you can continue to run the program through this (hit F5). My guess would be that you try to inject some service in the ctor of the controller that is not registered. What happens if the ctor of your controller is empty?
Jan 6, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Regretfully , the same thing.

I am thinking that I should jest reload an earlier version of my solution and rebuild this simple module from scratch

Thanks again, I appreciate your help.
Developer
Jan 6, 2014 at 10:28 PM
I can't tell what the issue could be (can be that the lib folder at the root is incomplete for some reason)? But if you copy your module over to a clean solution you should get it to work too.

Glad to help :-).