Recommendation on data aggregation/composition techniques

Topics: Writing modules
Dec 21, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Edited Dec 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM
The two most complete examples I've seen are Kevin Kuebler's plurasight Movies and Skywalkers Web Shop. both of these indicate that standard MVC techniques can be used to create custom front end operations.

But what happens when we have more complex front end requirements? What would be our strategy for composing and decomposing those models in the Drivers?

Would we manage with using LINQ to merge and de-normalize data stored in tables that match the schemas of single domain objects? Or would we break out of the box and start composing rooted object hierarchies and complex view models to support tables with foreign keys?

If we need more complex objects, will the Orchard NHibernate wrappers provide us all the features we need to be able to accomplish that?
Developer
Dec 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking, but if your concern is related to having more control over database table and entity mapping, you can further customize (or completely revise) the way entities are mapped to tables, including one to one, one to many and many to many mappings.
If your concern is something else, perhaps you can give us a concrete example of what you would want to accomplish.
Dec 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Edited Dec 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Gee, wha appened?
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2014 at 5:18 AM
Did you remove your message on purpose? If not, I have a copy in e-mail.