Error's while compling Orchard.web

Topics: Troubleshooting
Dec 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Hi there,

I get following errors

Error 1 The namespace 'Orchard.Core.Common.Settings' already contains a definition for 'LocationSettings' E:\raffi\projects\Orchrad\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Containers\Settings\LocationSettings.cs 2 18 Orchard.Web

Error 2 The namespace 'Orchard.Core.Common.ViewModels' already contains a definition for 'ItemReferenceContentFieldEditorViewModel' E:\raffi\projects\Orchrad\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.PublishLater\ViewModels\ItemReferenceContentFieldEditorViewModel.cs 4 18 Orchard.Web

Error 3 The namespace 'Orchard.Core.Common.ViewModels' already contains a definition for 'ItemReferenceContentFieldDisplayViewModel' E:\raffi\projects\Orchrad\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.PublishLater\ViewModels\ItemReferenceContentFieldDisplayModel.cs 4 18 Orchard.Web

Error 4 The namespace 'Orchard.Core.Dashboard' already contains a definition for 'AdminMenu' E:\raffi\projects\Orchrad\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.Pages\AdminMenu.cs 5 ni18 Orchard.Web

Error 5 The namespace 'Orchard.Core.Dashboard' already contains a definition for 'AdminMenu' E:\raffi\projects\Orchrad\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.Lists\AdminMenu.cs 5 18 Orchard.Web

I have didn't change anything in source just was using Admin pages to get know orchard

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM
The Orchard.Web package is not meant to be compiled by Visual Studio. When you use the web package, simply point IIs to it, or open it as a web site using VS or WebMatrix, and run the application.

If you want to do development and want to compile the solution, please download the full source solution.
Dec 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Thanks for the Reply. I have actually downloaded the whole source code and open the solotion in VS2013. I am using IIS 7 to host the site and everything was working fine. I didn't used the development server. I wanted to follow this article "Writing an Orchard Webshop Module from scratch by skywalker" So I created a Skywalker.webshop module and hit Cltrl+F5 as described in the article. This showed up the above error. Please help me. If i can't trouble shoot this error, i feel jittery about what will happen when this kind of error(unsolveable error) appear when deveopling real websites.
Dec 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Ok. Then please provide exact repro steps, because when I download the source solution and open it, it compiles without any issues.
With regards to unsolvable errors: no such thing. ;)
Feb 23, 2015 at 4:29 PM
I had a same problem. It was caused by this operation: I included the Media, Modules, Themes folders under the Orchard.Web project. Just unload it from project at it should work fine, at least it worked for me.