Secure Sockets Layer Module and Azure Cloud Service

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Installing Orchard
Dec 13, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Hi,

I've set up a deployment of Orchard 1.7.2 on an Azure Cloud Service (huge improvement over 1.6 by the way, much nicer setting up deployments now), and I've noticed that after enabling the secure sockets layer module, I don't get the option to configure it in the Admin Dashboard like I do when deploying Orchard to IIS (Azure website, or regular old IIS on a Windows Server).

Is there anything special I need to do in order to get that module working on a cloud service? I've added a HTTPS endpoint in the cloud service configuration, and uploaded a certificate for it. The endpoint definitely works, cause I can use the website via HTTPS and HTTP. The only thing that could possibly affect it is the fact that I'm using a non-trusted SSL certificate during development, but that's never been an issue with this module before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Richard
Dec 13, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Actually, I just noticed that the Orchard.SecureSocketsLayer project is not added to the Orchard.Azure solution. That might be whats causing the issue. I've added it to the solution and added a reference to Orchard.Azure.Web and redeploying now, I'll let you know if that makes a difference.

Cheers,
Richard
Dec 13, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Yeah, it turns out that the problem was just that the module was not part of the Orchard.Azure solution. I guess the build process included files like the .cshtml's and module.txt etc. purely because of the fact that the module exists in the Orchard.Web/Modules directory, but because it wasn't referenced by Orchard.Azure.Web, none of the compiled code made it up there.

Anyway, you can all stop panicking now, I fixed it :P

Cheers,
Richard
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Good catch. Can you file a bug for this?
Dec 17, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Done, workitem 20360.
Developer
Dec 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM