Custom Forms not showing submission details

Topics: Administration, Core, General
Dec 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I followed the documentation on creating a custom form. Everything works good until I reach the stage where I need to view the submissions.

Submissions are shown but without details, I mean I can't see what each user has submitted.

Any idea on what might be going wrong?

Regards
Bilal
Developer
Dec 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I have done this a couple of times, and it always worked so it's hard to tell what went wrong in your case.
Could you provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue on a clean Orchard installation?
Dec 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Thanks Spike for your response.

I created a new Content Type with 4 fields (Email, Full Name, Subject, and Message). I have no Content Part.

Then, I created a new Custom Form based on this Content Type.

I go to the website, fill a form, then back to Custom Forms to view submissions. One submission is present, but no field data shows from those I entered while filling the form.

Even when I hit "View" on the single submission, I receive a blank page.

Regards
Bilal
Developer
Dec 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Thanks Bilal. And which version of Orchard are you using?
Dec 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Orchard v.1.7.2.0

Regards
Bilal

Dec 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
BTW,

If I created a new "Content" based on the "Content Type", then when I hit "Content" on the Dashboard, I can see my content item as follows:

It's only when the "Content Item" is being created using "Custom Forms", in the list of submissions, it doesn't show the field values.

Regards
Bilal

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Hi,

This seems to be a bug in 1.7.2 as I'm getting the same behaviour. The submissions are being stored in the DB but not showing in the admin when you click through to the details of the submission.

Steve.
Dec 6, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Dec 6, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Any input from OrchardTeam on this please?

Regards
Bilal
Developer
Dec 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM
It was a bug and is fixed as part of this work item: https://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/20318.