Dojo Course - Custom Form does not submit fields from new content type.

Topics: Troubleshooting
Dec 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Sorry for asking this twice - I couln't see how to edit the subject of the first one.
I followed the instructions on http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Creating-Custom-Forms. " Save the content item once the form is submitted" is checked.
Everything works as expected, except that the data submitted does not show when I click on View Submitted Custom Forms Data.
The form submission is there but the user-input email address does not show.
If I add a Title field by using Add Parts To "Subscribe Form", then I get a title field on the form, and when I submit that data shows in the Submitted Data.
Am I missing a step? Why don't the input fields submit data? Can anyone point out the database table I can look in to see what submitted?
Thanks
Dec 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2013 at 7:58 AM
I'm encountering same issue since 1.7.2 migration : custom forms fields values are not saved.

An issue was already opened : https://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/20318
Developer
Dec 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM
So you add fields to a content type used with custom forms, and check that the submitted forms should be saved. The item is saved but the value of fields is not saved, correct? Did you try any other field? Do you see any exceptions?

But if you're seeing this with 1.7.2 then the issue is definitely what Codinlab linked.

BTW generally you only use fields, but not parts with custom forms.
Dec 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Thanks for your answer.
I read workitem/20318 and applied the fix, rebuilt and it works properly.
However, this brings up a different point. Was the codebase changed without testing? Is there a test process that is required or recommended before changes are accepted? Is there a formal release process? Do we need work on unit testing?
Developer
Dec 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Actually it has been mentioned not long ago that Orchard should have more unit test, Sébastien usually updates the tests when something important changes. There was a call-to-action about making the unit test more reliable in the future by adding some new ones to older and recently added features. Contributions are welcome on that front as well.