Where Can I sell Orchard Themes

Topics: Writing themes
Nov 27, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Edited Nov 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Aslam-O-Alikum and hello All, well the title says it all, I am developing a theme and intend to sell it (make it available to clients through some online market like themeforest.com), I have created an account on http://orchardmarket.net/ but it seems you can create an account there but you can't login. I am not sure if orchardmarket is run by orchard people but if it is, please fix it :)
-Thanks
Developer
Nov 27, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Thanks for reporting! The site will be fixed, and will be vastly improved as well.
Oct 17, 2014 at 10:59 AM
I registered in orchardmarket an hour ago. After registration i saw message "An email has been sent to you. Please click on the link it contains in order to have access on this site." But this email was not deliver to me.
Oct 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Maybe in your spam box
Oct 17, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2014 at 4:07 PM
No.
I think email sending does not work on orhardmarket site.
I also sent request from contact us page yesterday but does not received any answer. I think my request was not deliver to site team.
Developer
Oct 17, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Orchard Market development has been delayed, but the email issues will be resolved early next week.
Developer
Oct 19, 2014 at 7:15 AM
masoodahm wrote:
Aslam-O-Alikum and hello All, well the title says it all, I am developing a theme and intend to sell it (make it available to clients through some online market like themeforest.com), I have created an account on http://orchardmarket.net/ but it seems you can create an account there but you can't login. I am not sure if orchardmarket is run by orchard people but if it is, please fix it :)
-Thanks
It is fixed - email notifications are up again and you can upload packages and sell them.
I noticed a few other issues, but they should not block you from doing business. If they do, please let me know.
Your account has been activated, but you will need to reset your password in order to login.
Let me know if you run into any issues.
Oct 19, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Sipke..please activate my account too. my username is "abhishekluv".
Developer
Oct 19, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Done!
Nov 12, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Thanks, sfmskywalker.

I placed my first module in the Orchard Market and I'm happy (it is client side projector module for front end filter and sort content items).

I think there is only few people who know about orchard market. I have know about its existence only two months ago. Therefore, only a small number of people can find my super mega module :) or other modules too.

It would be good if modules from the market will be display in the orchard gallery (on the gallery.orchardproject.net and in the dashboard). This is a cool if all packages (paid and free) will be in one place. Even if you intend to do something like that probably it will take a time. Can i place empty packages to orchard gallery site now and provide a link to my module on market? In general, сan i do something that user can find my module simpler now or in the feature?

When i added module to market that it was immediately published with zero price (in theory someone could get it for free). And was added two same releases versions. And i can't download my package to verify that all is well with my package. And it would be good to allow display of move the text to a new line in the description of the package.
Developer
Nov 14, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Hurray! :)

Yes, having a gallery that shows both commercial and non-commercial modules is on our list of things to do.
We have plans to increase visibility of the site, but it's currently still a lower priority.

I don't know if there's an etiquette regarding uploading empty packages to the Orchard Gallery pointing to the commercial one, but I am not stopping you. ;)

Yes, that is a know bug that will be fixed when we refresh the site over the course of the upcoming year.
We will also add the ability to download the package yourself and improve the text editing experience.

Thanks a ton for using Orchard Market and providing feedback!