Orchard LAMP Ubuntu 12.04 with mod_mono Installation

Topics: Installing Orchard
Nov 18, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Edited Nov 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Hi Orchard Project Team,

Is there a new guide for the installation of applications Orchard on Ubuntu LAMP 12 04 32x? And i use Nginx as a proxy frontend for apache. I love to combine applications and Orchard Webpage as my web frontend.

I've been following the guidelines in the web guide, but I still could not keep up. Before using nginx as a frontend proxy, I use Apache2 virtual host on port 80.

Standard installation folder at:
/var/www, or
/home/username/www

Thank you for your guidance.
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I didn't remember we had this doc topic. I updated it to reflect the current state of Orchard on Mono/Linux, which is that it doesn't work. There is a thread open on these forums, and progress is being made, but currently that just won't work, sorry.
Dec 9, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Edited Dec 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Thank you for comment Bertrand,
Ok, This is only a draft opinion and ideas I want to develop and provide to the Orchard team.

I think , more open up to the other platforms will provide an opportunity Orchard project is more developed, because I see a lot of people who want to use the CMS dotNET programming language on Linux platform as their website interface .

I am a designer, rather graphic designer. I am not very proficient in programming languages ​​, but I have seen is " art" in making a program. I like something different because that is where there is the value of selling power. As a designer, I like a clean and simple design but powerful and beautiful. Be Different. And I started trying Orchard Project, on my server. By using mono developt tools , and even a mono module on Apache or Nginx, and I started to ruin my own server ( VPS ), and I started to get confused as where do I fix it.... hahaha... Just my experiments.

So what is the point of " more to open up to other platforms ? "
  • Introduction to Programming Language C/Cplus on Linux ( standard )
  • Develop the programming language itself.
  • Bring up new ideas.
  • Making people prefer C sharp programming language .
  • And , Orchard Project became a bridge for everyone to get started everywhere.
Because I see it, the Orchard Project provide a solution file itself to everyone and provide freedom to change it even changed the name of the Orchard brand. And hope people recognize that he/she who makes the program ....... That sucks... It was not in my intention. I better ask the Orchard team to make it, or maybe, not "maybe"... I pay them to make it. But I am not a rich man who has abundant wealth.............. Not yet.. :))

I also saw another dotNET CMS, and they are begin to sell modules. And it does not make me interested, which makes me interested is to collaborate and create a new masterpiece. But yes, developers also need funds to pay their bills, maybe for a cup of coffee. Time is money, right? :)

I read on some forums , there is a mismatch between the mono-project and xamarin , and which I think might be in terms of business competition . Or licensing with the Microsoft. I hope I can use Orchard CMS on my linux vps. " Orchard and Mono " I think like " Ruby on Rail ".

Just my thoughts, and I hope that if this becomes a reality can help the two sides both Orchard and the Mono Project, and also every person.