Overriding Register View.

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Nov 14, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I have a custom Views/Register.cshtml template I'd like to use. I have it in a custom module.

The current theme also provides one (vs. not being having one in TheTimeMachine theme). If I remove the theme's register view, mine shows. How can I force Orchard to pick up my template instead of the theme's?
Nov 16, 2013 at 5:33 AM
You can't: the theme always wins, by design. The theme author should be able to override any view that modules provide, not the other way around.
Nov 20, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Ok, fair enough. I was just trying to avoid directly modifying files in the theme. But I can do that.

But now I'm trying to override the RequestLostPassword view from the users module and I can't get Orchard to pick it up if I put it in my theme at the same location. Is this not the accepted way of doing things like this? It only seems to notice the view in the actual users module. If theme > module, this should work right?
Nov 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM
This should work if you put the view under Views/NameOfTheModule, not directly under Views. This enables the theme to differentiate and override views with the same name, but from different modules.