How should integrate Orchard with Existing MVC app

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Nov 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Hello there,
I am new to Orchard and hope some one can point me to the right direction. Thanks so much in advance.
We have a website done in MVC/Razor/Google MAP API. The site has many users and each of them owns many areas. Each area could have more than one user. Each user have an account in the current system that relate them to their areas. We authenticate and authorize them in the current website. Now we want to integrate blog feature into current site for each user so they can talk about the areas that they are responsible of. Each area has AreaID and each user has UserID in the current database. And they are tied in a relationship table. I think at the minimum we need to do the following
  1. Unify authentication/authorization for both systems(current one and orchard).
  2. Display current blogs for each area seamlessly with current site that can be sorted by user, time created or the popularity of blog. Which means we need to tie userID/AreaID to blogID or postID in a table somewhere.
    So the question is can this be done with off-shelf blog receipt from orchard , if so what is the best way to go about it? Should I move the current site into Orchard? How much work is it? We have 4 master views about 40 different cshtml files most of them are partial views.
Thanks so much
Nov 16, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Hard to say exactly, but it sounds possible, if your application is already factored into areas, which should map relatively easily to Orchard modules, except for any usage of global resources (routes, etc.) which will require special care and translating into the relevant Orchard-isms. Migrating the user base will require some work as well.