SQLite support

Topics: Core
Nov 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I've noticed that Orchard used to have SQLite support. Is that functionality still available? If not, is there a reason behind it's removal.

It'd be nice to have a way to be able to use an embedded database which is open source and still supported (as SQL Compact is sort of deprecated).
Nov 15, 2013 at 3:48 AM
I'm not sure about the history of SQLite support in Orchard (and it's not available anymore), but I think that it could be complicated to support SQLite since it is somewhat limited when it comes to ALTER statements (e.g. dropping a column is not possible). This could cause some headaches when implementing a command interpreter.
Another reason for dropping support for SQLite might be that it was complicated to use SQLite in applications which are compiled with Any CPU as platform target (this changed with System.Data.SQLite v. 1.0.80.0 which was released almost two years after SqlCe had been chosen in favour of SQLite).
Jan 4 at 1:18 PM
Jan 6 at 3:29 PM
@zhon_zhaofeng I'm still not sure I understand how this is working. There's code that needs to be added to Orchard to make SQLite work. Particularly there's a need to handle the Alter Table statement. How did you solve that?