SignalR giving 500 error

Topics: Troubleshooting
Nov 7, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I posted an issue on the project site for Piotr's SignalR module, but I thought I'd post here as well because I don't think it's an issue with his module...I think it's possibly a server setting.

I'm running 1.7.1 on Arvixe hosting which runs in Full Trust. Attempting to use the Proligence SignalR module samples results in a 500 error in the browser console when attempting to connect to the hub. The page renders fine though, so it's not a "total" 500 error. Absolutely nothing in the log files. I can navigate to ~/signalr/hubs and I can see the script page.

Both the samples from this module and my own custom hub run fine locally on my laptop running 1.7.1 source with IIS Express...which is why I'm leaning towards a server configuration issue.

Has anyone else tried to get SignalR running in a hosted environment and had similar issues? Any suggestions on some troubleshooting steps?

Thanks for the help!
Nov 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Well...I got this resolved on the server by cannibalizing Piotr's module and updating it to SignalR 2.0 and running Orchard against .NET 4.5. Now it won't run locally through Visual Studio using IIS Express - hahahaha, the complete opposite of my original issue. Enabling the new module causes a 404 error on every page which I'm assuming means I'm screwing up Orchard routing somehow (which consequentially prevents log entries to help figure out the issue). Just really strange that it doesn't occur on the hosted server when everything should be the same (other than Source distro locally and Web distro on the server).

Back to the drawing board while I pull my hair out =)