Orchard for community website

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General, Installing Orchard, Jobs, Writing modules
Nov 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Hi everyone,

I would like to use Orchard to build a community website but I am not sure if it is really possible. Please let me explain what I need;

First, users will register and get their own usernames. After this they will be able to submit articles, pictures, videos, comments etc. User will be the owner of his/her own content. I would like to display all the user related information like his articles, videos, comments in his profile page.

I feel like more or less Orchard is designed for content publishing based on one or a couple of certain people.

Any comments and suggestions are really appreciated.

Thanks,
sekeri.
Developer
Nov 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM
You could not have picked a better framework than Orchard to build a community site. I'm currently building one myself.
Nov 4, 2013 at 3:26 PM
It covers most of my needs but I am not sure how to collect user contributions under profile page of the user? Another point is how to let users upload images, articles etc..

Should I create custom forms to let them publish articles for example. But for example, I need to let them to attach images for their articles to an isolated space for each user.