Server Error in '/' Application after promoting TEST to QA enviroment

Topics: Administration
Oct 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I need to push the OrchardCms Test app into QA environment. I copied the Test web app files to the QA webserver, ensured NTFS ACLS were the same, refactored the settings.txt DataConnectionString and RemoteStorage. I also restored the working Test DB. I reset IIS. WHen I browse the site, I get the Server Error in '/' Application.

If I delete the App_Data folder contents and run iisreset, it walks me through the setup. The site does come up but its missing many configuration settings.

The server name changed and the SQL server changed. Everything else should be the same.

Any help appreciated.

cheers

-scott
Developer
Oct 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Are you working with SqlCE? If you then delete App_Data, you will have deleted the database as well.
Modules store their data In the database, including configuration settings.
Oct 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM
No. I'm using SQL Server 2008 r1. Thanks for reply.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Developer
Oct 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Ok, so after running setup, you updated the Settings.txt file to connect to the SQL Server 2008 database, and then you see the missing configuration settings? If so, I have no idea why those got lost from your DB.
Developer
Oct 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM
What specific settings are missing? And by missing you mean they're not displayed on the admin UI?
Oct 31, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Edited Oct 31, 2013 at 4:02 AM
May be not using a copy between your env but a deploy without taking the App_data folder, letting the migration feature of orchard take care of your db evolution is better.
So, provided you use visual studio, your dev is a local workstation or server, and to migrate your code to QA you deploy. Then use import/export to transfer your 'design' data as menus, layers, widget, projection, pages, etc. Backing up the QA db could allow version reset.
Oct 31, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Thanks. I'll try that.

Sent from my Windows Phone