Implementing a Fix

Topics: Installing Orchard
Oct 23, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM
In regards to this fix:

https://orchard.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/7f463d07cc1f5e18ae047d5019961734c5d71b8e

Is the proper method to download the entire Orchard source, make the suggested textual change in the cs file and rebuild.

After rebuilding, do the normal "apply a new version to existing installation" procedure?

I am pretty early into Orchard and am using 1.7.1 (updgraded from 1.7.0) and am not quite familiar with the fix process.

I downloaded from the supplied link in the fix description and rebuilt, but I am not sure what to do with the resulting lib dir because its format does not match any of my existing file structures.

thanks

c
Developer
Oct 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Yes, applying the fix then doing a rebuild on the whole Orchard solution is the way to go.

For the maximum safety when updating your deployment you could follow the standard update procedure (and thus also make a backup first). It depends on how do you deploy though: if you're deploying directly from VS you should just publish Orchard to your hosting provider.
Oct 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Okay, thanks for the info. Will give the entire rebuild a shot.
Oct 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM
And take care to save your database before running any new configuration if you have something inside.
Oct 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I have learned from a "just recovered from" disaster, that I will now use SQLExpress (not CE) for my database from now on. That database puppy is backed up regularly and is not stored in the orchard file tree.