Shape Tracing: 'Active template' NOT correct

Topics: Administration, Core, General
Oct 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM
I must miss something here!

In the context of a MediaLibraryPicker field I use an 'alternate shape' to tweak the images --> this renders as I want!
Alternate shape chosen: ~/Themes/TheThemeMachine/Views/Parts.Image.Summary-url-mlp-foto.cshtml

However, when going into shape tracing it always shows the template from the 'Module' i.e.
~/Modules/Orchard.MediaLibrary/Views/Parts/Image.Summary.cshtml

As said it works ok BUT it is annoying because I can't see the correct 'active template'

Question: are there any minimum requirements to have a correct shape tracing?

Even more frustrating I have other 1.7.1 sites which work fine in this context 'shape tracing'!
When comparing I can't figure out the difference!

Any help/hints are appreciated
ed
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2013 at 11:43 PM
If you have a reliable repro, please file a bug.
Oct 15, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Thanks , I was hoping somebody can give me the ultimate hint!
But NO I do not have enough facts to open an issue. I will certainly investigate some more and come back if needed either here or by opening an issue.
ed
Oct 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM
to have a clearly defined base I used a fresh Orchard.SRC (from codeplex); migrated my site and all () was ok! I did the same with a Orchard.WEB (from codeplex) and, again, all() was fine!

all(*):: out of ten 'shape tracing' usage I do NOT see my 'Placements' and / or 'shapes' ! Then the 'originals' are shown!?

well, I consider this closed and would come back if I have a repeatable behaviour!
ed
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2013 at 3:48 PM
edikaufmann wrote:
to have a clearly defined base I used a fresh Orchard.SRC (from codeplex); migrated my site and all () was ok! I did the same with a Orchard.WEB (from codeplex) and, again, all() was fine!

all(*):: out of ten 'shape tracing' usage I do NOT see my 'Placements' and / or 'shapes' ! Then the 'originals' are shown!?

well, I consider this closed and would come back if I have a repeatable behaviour!
ed
Is All your display methods incapsulated in <div>display(...) </div> or other containers ?