Localization problems in Orchard 1.7

Topics: Localization
Oct 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM
All of this problems appeared since 1.7 upgrade.
  • This version of the Orchard doesn't change lang parameter in the html tag when you switch between cultures using translations links provided by Orchard. It always stays in default language of your site no matter which translation is displayed in the content.
  • Menu items for all languages are showing at once instead of showing only items associating with currently selected language
  • Culture layer are not working with modules that worked in version 1.6. Is there a way to create culture layers in Orchard 1.7?
    I posted this as an issue with ID #20197.
At first I thought that I missed something in the migration process, but I made new test site installing clean 1.7 version and it was same thing.

Are this Orchard bugs or am I doing something wrong?
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Please file bugs for these.
Oct 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM
djordjevski wrote:
Menu items for all languages are showing at once instead of showing only items associating with currently selected language
workaround : use culture layer (Orchard.Module.Ipertrade.CultureLayer-1.0.nupkg) with culture picker (orchardculturepicker_c3b818cd2840)
Culture layer are not working with modules that worked in version 1.6. Is there a way to create culture layers in Orchard 1.7?
as for me culture layer working fine even with 1.7.x. but culture picker should be adapted (fix in repo)
Jun 24, 2014 at 7:15 PM
I'm using Orchard 1.8 with CulturePicker 1.6. Widget was also not available for me, but in logs I can see next:
2014-06-24 23:52:22,772 [28] Orchard.Environment.DefaultBuildManager - (null) - Error when compiling assembly under ~/Modules/Orchard.CulturePicker/Orchard.CulturePicker.csproj.
System.Web.HttpCompileException (0x80004005): d:\gitRepos\AssociationKG.git\Orchard.Source\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.CulturePicker\Services\LocalizableMainMenuNavigationFilter.cs(27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ContentMenuItemPart' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
After commenting everything in
Modules\Orchard.CulturePicker\Services\LocalizableMainMenuNavigationFilter.cs
and restarting solution(or website), widget appears and works! But as you can guess commented code is responsible for localizable menus. For my luck I dont need this feature :)

Author of CulturePicker should update Modules\Orchard.CulturePicker\Services\LocalizableMainMenuNavigationFilter.cs to work with latest Orchard
Jun 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM
I made this version to solve compatibility pbs in culturePïcker, you could beinterested trying.
https://bitbucket.org/csurieux/datwendo.localization