Orchard 1.7 - New Page "Add on a menu" option not showing

Topics: Administration
Oct 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I have a clean instance of Orchard 1.7.1 up (compiled from source code) with a brand new database and if I go to add a new Page content item, it doesn't show the option to "Show on a menu" at the bottom. I have to create the page and then go to Navigation to add the page to the menu. This was not the case with 1.6. Is this a feature change or a bug?
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Please go to Content Definition and verify that the Page type has the Menu part.
Oct 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Thanks Bertrand. The page content item did not have the menu part included, but now that I have added it, it works as expected. Is it normal for the page content item to not have this part enabled by default in a clean installation, or is this perhaps a "bug" with 1.7.1 that it doesn't have it enabled?
Oct 11, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I just found the same issue with clean source 1.7.1 - the Show on a menu part was not visible when editing/creating a page. Only way to add to a menu was through navigation manually.

As above I added the menu part to the page content type and all ok.

The menu now has duplicate items for the same content but i've deleted these and left the Page versions.

Must be a bug for 1.7.1.
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Please file a bug then.