Custom translations

Topics: Localization
Oct 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM
What we need in our project is to localize one class which sends emails (CustomMessageHandler.cs) according to customer cultures.
Example: site's culture is de-De and we are translating whole site to german by default. But 1 user wants to use en-Us localization. And when german administrator sends him emails, they will be sent in administrator's culture, what is wrong.
Easiest way is to change _workContextAccessor.GetContext().CurrentCulture temporary to the customer's one. But are there any clean ways to do it?
Oct 9, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Implement ICultureSelector.
Oct 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM
BertrandLeRoy wrote:
Implement ICultureSelector.
Not sure if that would resolve his issue, as the CurrentCulture WILL be German if his administrator is sending the mail while logged in on the German admin area.
Oct 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Edited Oct 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM
As Sebastien has spoken several time about reengineering the messaging layer, this kind of concern has to be remembered, this seems a very normal request, I would appreciate to be able to send welcome emails in the nearest culture of my new registered customers, supposing each customer has a prefered culture he selects on registration (->e-commerce extension for customers, also useful for delivery sometime)
Oct 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I have made a design of the module, and Sipke is working on that right now.
Based on that I am pretty sure this scenario will be handled out of the box, you will LOVE it.
Oct 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM