Advice on handling local video in content

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Edited Oct 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Hi fellow orchards

I am looking for some advice/help on how to proper display local uploaded video in orchard 1.7.1. that works in all/most browsers.

So far i have tried to create a new content type: "Music Video" where i have added a Media picker library field, is this the preferred way for displaying local video?

At the moment i have three videos in .mov format and they all work fine on my computer with e.g. Windows media player. But when i upload them to my Orchard site only one of them will play fine, another plays only sound and no video, and the third does not play anything at all.

So i have tried to convert my videos to webm and ogg with firefrogg but those do not display as videos in the media library, only as downloadable files. So which formats are preferred for displaying video in Orchard?

The only thing i want, is to make it possible for a user to upload the same video in multiple formats and create a content of type "Music Video", where he can add the video in different formats and then when someone clicks on the content, only one video is shown.

Am i missing something or how is this possible in Orhcard 1.7.1?

By the way thanks.

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Converted the video files to .mp4 format which plays well in both Orchard and in most browsers, so nevermind.