theme css overrides shape tracing

Topics: Administration, Troubleshooting
Sep 27, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I'm moving a wordpress theme template to orchard 1.7 and when I "Include()" the global.css file to the Layout.cshtml file the shape tracing feature malfunctions

any help will be appreciated
Sep 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Please show exactly what you're doing and explain how it does not work.
Sep 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I was requested to generate a theme for orchard based upon a theme (some html, css and js files) and make it look exactly like the old one, but after many tries, I realized there was a problem, because I could not get the shape tracing to work properly for the theme I was building, so i started to try different solutions and then removed all css and js files from the includes and it worked, so I started adding those 1 at a time and the only one causing trouble was that, the thing is that it is a >4k lines files, so it would be virtually impossible to fix by myself, so I really preciate some help please, I have no idea what could be causing that

thank you very much
Sep 28, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Hard to say, knowing absolutely nothing about your stylesheet. In what way does shape tracing fail?
Sep 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM
the shape tracing fails because it does not display the alternates and other that are displayed in the right panel, if it helps i'd be happy to provide the ccs, even though it is a very large one, like I said more than 4k lines.

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:03 PM
It might be text color attribute. If your background is dark and default text color (color property of body or such) is whitish, text in shape tracing right pane is unreadable, but it is probably there. Try to highlight text there by selecting with mouse.

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:17 PM
No i have already tried that, i am inclined to say that some how it relocates that content somewhere else, even though don't know where if so

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Maybe you'll just have to do it without shape tracing...