How to change the table naming convention in Orchid

Topics: Core
Sep 24, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have existing SQL server database that I want to use in orchard project, but I dont want to change the table names because its used in another project too. I want to know that how can I change the table naming convention in orchard so that table names on database remain same and I can use in orchard project.

Thanks in Advance
Sep 24, 2013 at 4:01 AM
When you cross-post, please provide links between the posts, so that you don't waste people's time. It's a really bad idea to change the Orchard table naming convention in the hopes that it's going to enable you to map to your existing database. Instead, just query your existing database from a new module, like you would in a regular MVC project. The data access in Orchard is specialized for content management, and hasn't been designed to interface with arbitrary schemas. It doesn't however prevent you from accessing external databases as you usually would.
Sep 24, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Hi BertrandLeyRob,

I am sorry, I am new to this discussion forum so I don't know how to post the thread. Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me how can I access my existing database in my new module and how can I create model classes so that I can access tables in it ?

Thanks & Regards
Sep 24, 2013 at 7:33 AM
The same way you would from a regular MVC application.