Vandelay Tag Cloud - Slug

Topics: Administration
Sep 23, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I am struggling a bit with the configuration of the slug for my tag cloud.

What I have defined is a page at slug research/
I would like a specific content page on my website to display all pages that are beneath research/*
So for instance I have pages research/A and research/B
I thought I could simply use "research" as the slug in the Tag Cloud and that it would then only take pages into account that start with that slug, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Once I clear the slug field, my Tag Cloud is displaying properly, otherwise it's just empty.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM
That is not at all what tag cloud is for. If you want to query for all the content items that have a slug that starts with "research", you need to build a query for that using the content manager.
Sep 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Ok, that's the answer I was looking for. The "Slug"-field in Tag Cloud is probably only to denote a specific blog then?
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Yes.
Editor
Mar 19 at 11:06 PM
I am not sure it works with a specific "blog" either. I added my URL "media-and-press/blog" to the slug field, and then tagged blog posts with various tags. These tags were not returned in the Tag Cloud. Appears in Orchard 1.x.

It appears that the container_id was not being set for my blog posts, so it never matched my slug's autoroute id. Line 67 of TagCloudServices.cs