MediLibraryPicker field not shown in Vandelay TagCloud

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Sep 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM
when migrating from 1.6 to 1.7.1 most of the MediaLibraryPicker functions work.
But:
Clicking a Vandelay CloudTag item shows all the Text field Items BUT NOT the
MediaLibraryPicker Field (Image.jpg).

the story:
  • my ContenType (Plant) includes some Text Fields and one MediaLibraryPicker Field and a Tag.
    Via a 'Projection' I can see these 'Plant's pages ok (including the image).
  • when picking a Tag and looking at the source: that /section is NOT even included!
  • when 'Shape Tracing' is on I do NOT see a 'Field_MediaLibraryPicker' in the Content. ONLY the list for the Text fields is there.
do I possibly miss something here?
your time and help is appreciated
ed
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I don't get it. What does media library field have to do with the tag cloud?
Sep 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM
well, I don't get it either!
all I did is: downloaded 1.71 from CodeProject - migrated my 1.6 site - checked that Vandelay 1.7 is used!

Viewing the ContentType: 'Plant' works fine .... through the TagCloud the MediaLibraryPicker field is missing!?
Needless to say that I don't think it is a TagCloud issue - but rather some MediaLibrary issue!

So far I only tested using WEBmatrix ; will do some more tests using the 'Source' (VS).
thanks for any ideas
ed
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2013 at 3:15 AM
"through the TagCloud the MediaLibraryPicker field is missing": why do you expect that TagCloud to have a MediaLibraryPicker field?
Sep 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM
sorry for not being clear!

I have a ContenType: 'Plant'
In this ContentType I have some Text Fields and one(1) MediaLibraryPicker Field (image) and the 'Tag part'.

In a 'Projection' I'm able to click these ContentItems --> All Text fields and the image are shown fine! ***

Now I define A 'TagCloud' ; no slug defined to get all occurences --> the 'TagCloud' looks fine!

Now, when clicking one of the items in the TagCloud, the appropriate ContenItem(s) is(are) shown like:
  • all Text Fields are shown ok
  • however, I never see the image (Field_MediaLibraryPicker)
    in shape-tracing the 'Field_MediaLibraryPicker' is NOT shown! The SRC of course doesn't shown it either.
PS: This ALL works fine with the 1.6 MediaPicker!

to your question: " why do you expect that TagCloud to have a MediaLibraryPicker field?"

I'm NOT expecting that the 'TagCloud' shows/carries in any way a 'MediLibraryPicker field' BUT:
why, when clicking one of the item in the TagCloud, do I NOT get the complete ContentItem? I.e. text fields AND image ***!

hope I was clear enough - any help is appreciated, thanks
ed
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM
If you look at the HomeController in the Orchard.Tags module, you'll see that it uses the "Summary" display type. I don't know what display type you used in your projection, but it must have been different. All you should have to do is make sure the placement for your field is correct for that summary display type.
Sep 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM
please accept my apologies ... another embarassement! Thank you.
<Match DisplayType="Summary">
    <Place Parts_Common_Metadata_Summary="-"/>
    <Place Fields_MediaLibraryPicker-Title="-"/>
    <Place Fields_Common_Text="Content:1" />
    <Place Fields_MediaLibraryPicker-Foto="Content:4" />  <----- I had ...-foto= f=minuscule
</Match>
with Capital "F" all is fine.
again sorry for your time spent .... mais .... thanks for the beautiful ORCHARD. I find something new almost daily!
ed
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM
No problem :) Happens to me all the time.