Workflow Decision Activity

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Sep 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Edited Sep 17, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Hey everyone. I have a question about workflow - I am working on a workflow that is activated when my custom content definition is created via custom form. Here is what I am wanting to do.

A user fills out a form with a lot of data, but for our purposes we are wanting it to create multiple content items from one submission. What I thought of was to have an enumeration field with a set of numbers, 1 (default) to 9; based on that user's decision, I would like to use workflow to read that value and generate duplicates (obviously different IDs) of that same item.

I realize that by having a workflow being initiated by a content creation would automatically create an "extra" content item. It would be better if there was a Custom Form submission activity for these purposes, but until then I am just trying to make this work. Please, any help will be much appreciated as there is very little information out there on Workflow, especially the scripting portion. Anything to get me started down the right path would be great. Thank you all.
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1.7.1 has a Form Submitted event
Sep 17, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Thanks Sebastien, I will look into integrating that change into my current 1.7 site. Do you have any tips or resources I could refer to for the Decision Activity, referenced above? Thanks for your help.