Menus: Obsolete documentation or missing option

Topics: General
Sep 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Hello:

I was checking the documentation for Menus and Navigation and found out the possibility of creating the content and attach it to a menu at the bottom of the page creation page: http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Navigation-and-menus#Contentfirstnavigationlater

But when I'm creating my page there is no option like the described in the documentation. Can anybody tell me if the feature was removed or if there is an issue with it?

Thanks!
Sep 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Hi,

You have two ways for adding a content item to a menu:

1.- From the content item, in order to achieve that, you have to add the Navigation Part to the content type definition
-> When editing or creating a content item of that content type, you´ll have a checkbox "add on menu"
-> after ticking the checkbox, you´ll have a dropdown to choose form an existing menu to add, and a textbox to write the display name

2.- On the Dashboard go to Navigation
-> Add Content Menu Item
-> then a content picker is shown and you can select the content item you want
-> after you added all the items you need, you can drag an drop the menu items to define the order position that is going to rendered on the frontend
-> Then Save

Hope it helps.
Sep 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Hi

I just installed Orchard v.1.7.0.0.
And trying to create a new page and attach it to the navigation.
But, the checkbox is missing.

Nduartes answer no: 1 above is the option we can't find.
Sep 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Did you add the navigation part to your content type (in your case the page type)?
Sep 10, 2013 at 6:51 AM
No. That's it!
Now the checkbox appears.
But the document should be updated with this information.
(http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Getting-Started)
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Please edit the topic on Github.
Sep 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I did it and it worked great! :)

Where exactly can one contribute to the documentation? It would be nice to help!

Thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2013 at 5:49 AM
There is an edit link on each post that takes you to the right place on Github.
Sep 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Nice! Thanks!