2013 Steering Committee Elections: Candidates and Rules

Topics: Announcements
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
This month, we'll have all seats on the Steering Committee up for renewal. The five members of the Steering Committee get to vote on important decisions for the Orchard project. This is not a technical role (we don't vote on design and technical decisions), and all candidates are welcome, as long as they are contributors in one form or another.

Will candidates please declare themselves and explain in a few sentences why they should be one of the five people who will make the governance decisions for the whole Orchard community?

This thread is open until September 17th at 12:00PM Pacific Time, at which time a new thread will be open for voting (secret voting will also be available) and remain open for two weeks.

Can vote anyone who has published at least one message on the Orchard discussions forum before today (spam doesn't count), or has attended a Harvest event. Each person has five votes to cast on five candidates of his choice. You cannot cast more than one vote on a single candidate. You do not have to spend all of your votes. You can vote by simply replying to the voting thread, or if you prefer to vote secretly, you will be able to do so using e-mail. Once the vote is closed, results and winners will be announced. The five new elected members will then proceed to elect the Benevolent Dictator.
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I'll be a candidate again this year.

I've been working on Orchard since it began, and even a few years before that. CMS has been a passion of mine for a very long time, and Orchard is everything I want a CMS to be.

When I was a PM at Microsoft, I've steered the project towards greater openness, and the Steering Committee is the result of that effort: it's now the community that has the final say on the direction we all take together. We are also taking all the decisions in the open, during our public weekly podcasts. I think it's fair to say that this project is one of the most open that there are.

This year, we've seen the community take full responsibility for the project. The weekly meetings are well attended. We had two Harvest conferences, in Europe, and in the US (I gave several talks at each of those events). Translations are written and managed by the community, as is the documentation. Contributions are increasing steadily. This community is blooming. Many of you are now working full-time on Orchard. I myself have left Microsoft in early 2012 to go into the trenches with you and become an independent Orchard developer. I hope I've been helping many of you get started, by answering questions here and on Stack Overflow.

Next year will be about public recognition of Orchard as a player to be reckoned with. We need to lead with our innovation, and with the quality of our community. We will reach a size where we need to divide and conquer: we need more people to contribute in more diverse ways. Soon, nobody will be able to read everything that's written on the forums if he or she was doing it full-time. We need to structure ourselves as a community to face that challenge and that growth.

I would like to renew my commitment to this community by running as a candidate for a seat on the Committee.

Thank you for your support.
Developer
Sep 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I'll be a candidate again as well this year.

I've started working with Orchard since 1.0 came out. As I got started, I realized how powerful this platform is, and the potential it has. As I started implementing websites with Orchard, I quickly learned that its learning curve is steep. Because I am deeply invested in Orchard, I will keep on investing time and resources in growing the platform and the community, in the form of answering questions, articles, code contributions, and more.

I am a passionate, independent Orchard developer and work with clients using Orchard on a daily basis and understand real world requirements and challenges. Therefore I believe I add value being a member of the steering committee. If not to twist Sébastien's arm to make things happen, then to at least do things myself. ;)

Thank you all for your support.
Sep 4, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Edited Sep 4, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Please consider my candidacy for the coming year 2013 - 2014!

What I have contributed over this past year 2012 - 2013 as a Steering Committee member:

Produced/organized the first 2 major Orchard Harvest Conferences:
Over the past 2 years, while heading the Product/Platform Development team at Onestop Internet, we made numerous contributions in extending the Orchard framework including the following Community Co-Contributions (giving the developers credit alongside Onestop):
  • Contributions made to the integrated Taxonomies feature in v1.7 (including merge/move terms, autocomplete)
    built with Sipke Schoorstra (sfmskywalker) and Nicholas Mayne (Jetski5822)
    • Onestop Navigation
  • Onestop.SEO (comparable plug-in to WP SEO)
  • Onestop.LayoutSelectr
  • Onestop.CustomAdmin
If elected, as a Steering Committee member, I will continue to strive for and push the following initiatives/goals:
  • To contribute to the growth of the community as a whole.
  • Produce additional Orchard Harvest conferences (new dates to be announced soon)
  • Assist in supporting Orchard local communities around the world. Our success as a global community is very much tied to the success of our local communities' ability to foster brand champions and increase adoption.
  • A focus on the product development and strategy of Orchard. Front-end templating, drag and drop widgets for page(s) or layer creations...Build a killer product that not only relies on the elegance of the existing framework, but will eventually allow non-developers as well to embrace what this community is striving to build.
As a Product driven person, I propose that I would continue to bring a complimentary perspective to the Committee. Simply put, I want us to build (as a community) a competitive best of breed platform from a framework and architectural stand point. As much as we need to continue to focus on the core framework, just as importantly, we would be remiss not to develop a product that is also elegant, intuitive, and easy to use. I will strongly encourage us to provide end users (for many of us those are our customers) a front-end interface (UX) that will allow them to embrace and love its flexibility, power and ease of use.

If you want some more information about my professional background: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ylankunstler
or have any questions for me please feel free to contact me.

I hope that you will allow me to continue to participate as a Committee member for the coming year by supporting me with your votes!

Best,

Ylan
Sep 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Edited Sep 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I would like to be considered for candidacy on the steering committee. While I am "newer" to the Orchard community, I have been an avid fan and user since around Orchard 1.3 or so, and recently have contributed to testing and bug fixing on Orchard 1.7.

I have oriented my entire business around Orchard as an application development platform as well as a CMS. My goals for 2013-2014 include the completion of an "API" module (in progress as "Orchard.Api" on GitHub) that exposes content to mobile devices as well as extensions to the Workflow mechanism to support more advanced "application server" type features.

My business' goal is to become a premier provider of Orchard-based solutions that deliver content of all types to multiple platforms with a focus on the medical and entertainment industries. Sometime in 2014, we seek to have released official Orchard SDK's for Android and iOS as well as official mobile applications for each that are as extensible in their design as Orchard itself.

I attended Orchard Harvest in Santa Monica in 2012, and I will be in attendance in 2014. My focus as a potential committee member would be on expanding the reach of Orchard to the world of mobile devices, real time communication (webRTC, SignalR, etc.), and media streaming, taking advantage of the unique modular architecture to push the limits of what a CMS system can be and the business models that can be built upon it (e.g., software-as-a-service, platform-as-a-service, application marketplace, etc.).

Feel free to review my background at Travis James. Whether elected or not, I will continue to be a very passionate supporter of Orchard and seek to contribute however I can to make it the premier CMS around.
Sep 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Edited Sep 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I am not candidate for an ST chair, but as an Orchard user and community member, I would appreciate to receive detailled and factual action plans from all the candidates and not simply their CV and past actions (interesting but some youngers have not but....) and the obvious declarations as 'support the community' which is a mandatory one.

I expect for exemple to read what will be their actions as ST members concerning:
  • Technical evolutions: support or not? action with planning ?
                + Evolution to another 'DB concept' as RavenDB, etc,
                + Integrating Bootstrap inside Orchard
                + Integrating last asp.net/MVC evolutions Owin, WebAPI with Cors, etc.
                + etc 
  • Community concept:
     + Collecting money for community from other sources than MS, with clear 'marketing' actions' and full transparency concerning usage (some companies are clearly making money with Orchard this need some retrofit) -> dedicated financial sub-committee 
      + Support and marked presence of Orchard Community on some International Humanitarian Orgs(?), this kind of image concept of the community may has to be clarified (not only C# geeks ? no only boys ? etc.),
      + Clear 'lines of business': ecommerce, forums, mobile, crm, social networking, etc., assumed with dedicated forums topic and maybe sub-committees
      + Evolve from the inner and funny but now boring form of 'Orchard Bashing for Geeks' in forums, be more customer/community oriented 
       + etc.

For sure some of these ideas are coming too early and could be out of scope, but it is time to begin discussing about them somewhere.
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Edited Sep 4, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Good points Christian. My short answers:
  • I strongly support moving to a document database, because it's a much more natural fit with the Orchard architecture and philosophy, but we need to do this responsibly, in a major new version (2.0), with a clear and reliable upgrade path. The choice of the DB is also a tricky one, as we need a commercial derivative-friendly license, transaction support, performance, and ability to run on existing infrastructure, keeping the xcopy deployment model that we have today. Sébastien's YeSQL may be our only possible choice, which comes with its own set of issues: do we really want to maintain our own DB (although technically that's just a layer over relational databases).
  • I don't think integrating Bootstrap is necessary at this point. Bootstrap themes exist and work well, and other choices exist. We do not need to be prescriptive here as it would not bring any compelling advantage. I would however support the choice and prescription of a client MVVM type of framework for the admin, in order to move our dashboard to the next steps in user experience, along the lines of what Ylan was saying.
  • +1 on Owin, WebAPI and future innovation in the .NET space. My work on embedded systems has also led me to use web frameworks that are not .NET (Python/Flask, etc.), which enables me to hopefully bring a different perspective that encompasses what competing systems are currently advancing on.
  • Following the move of taxonomies to core, I would like to follow suit with other contrib and third party modules that are widely used by the community, or that should be widely used. My first choice would be SSL, a module that I'm currently working on improving.
  • I will support initiatives that aim at providing a way for the community to financially participate in the efforts of individuals and companies that are contributing resources. There are non-trivial issues to solve with Outercurve, but now is the time.
  • I will support the creation of "sub-communities" dedicated to a specific subject, if there is a clear owner and an active group of contributors. This is part of what I was talking about when I said we needed to structure the community to scale. I can lead by example by creating a forum for commerce, as I am the main author and contributor for Nwazet.Commerce.
  • I think we should rebuild the gallery, and use that rewrite to integrate Git for updating modules, on the producer and consumer sides. We should also crowd-source version compatibility verification.
  • I will be nicer and more supportive in forums. I promise. I may still occasionally crack an unfunny joke because I can't help it.
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM
After lots of thoughts, I think won't be candidate this year.

Just kidding ;) I think everyone should vote for me for only one reason: you would be in really deep shit if you didn't !
  • I write 66% of the code that ships, and approves about the other 33%.
  • I am the only one who can prevent Piotr from rewriting the core.
  • I am the only one who is paid to work on Orchard, so if you don't elect me, bad things will happen, and I have commit rights on the repos, beware.
  • I am a dick and all successful projects need one. See Linux for instance.
  • I fix YOUR bugs.
  • I get some money from MS to bring you awesome conferences.
  • I own the Lync meeting for the podcast.
  • I gave you Taxonomies, Workflow, Media, Projections, Search, I can already imagine you crying if you didn't have these.
  • I am independent, as I can't be bribed by a company to fxxxx with Orchard's code (if you remove MS)
  • I support and help you design awesome modules
  • I know NDA stuff from MS which is really valuable for decision taking (and you'll notice I am always loyal to my employer)
  • I don't take myself seriously (you neither but let's say I didn't mention it)
What are my goals for the next year:
  • New modules
    • deployment
    • custom layouts
  • Improvements
    • new data access layer, probably using YesSql
    • new admin theme, bootstrap, customizable zones, customizable dashboard
    • new gallery
  • More documentation
    • either by blogging or contributing to doc topics
  • Project support
    • Continue to help big customers for free, for the sake of Orchard
    • update the showorchard.com website
Sep 8, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Edited Sep 8, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Relatively new to the Orchard project, I believe I bring a fresh view on the strengths, opportunities for improvement and education needs on the project.

I am the Group Technical Director for a highly awarded digital agency of a 100 passionate creators that service many blu-chip brands and have architected various Orchard solutions from dynamic single page applications to large, high performing and innovative builds like http://toyota.co.za. We have several more large multilingual websites launching over the the coming months for clients like Lexus, Jamaican Tourism board, Engen and more - all of which are currently being built on Orchard. I am involved with Orchard on a daily basis and actively code on projects writing various modules.

I presented at the 2013 Orchard Harvest and hope to continue presenting at future conferences. I also conceived a fortnightly meetup on Code Craftsmanship where developers, architects and designers meet and present talks on technology and case studies. The objective of the meet up is to educate, share triumphs and challenges in producing progressive projects, and network the community.

While Sebastian, Bertrand, Sipke and others have done an incredible job with the codebase and development on the project, I look to bring more attention to the documentation, training opportunities and market perception of the project. In order to achieve wider adoption, and in turn more developers contributing, we need to help with the initial knowledge transfer for new developers and designers. 

Leading a team in a digital agency, means a lot of focus on UX and beautifull design. I would like to help further drive the look and feel of the project into a more progressive space that inspires teams who work with Orchard.

Key focus points from myself include:
  • Improved documentation and webcasts for the project. Training should be designated for users, administrators, developers and designers.
  • Potentially move documentation to Attlassian's Confluence platform.
  • Redesign of the admin area and look for more opportunity to leverage client-side MV* libraries like backbone.js and angular.js
  • Redevelopment and redesign of the modules area with more detail and instructions to accompany module submissions and improved filtering and categorization and vetting.
  • Support for the consideration to move to a NoSQL data store and help negotiate partnerships with RavenDB or other potential partners.
  • Support for design of a sexy new project homepage and look and feel.
  • Support for Orchard Certification for developers and partners similar to SiteFinity and Umbraco.
  • Improved instrumentation and reporting within the project.
In a nutshell, to help drive the education, training and perception of the project and help keep the look and feel progressive and inspiring for developers, designers and users alike.
Sep 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM
I am not an expert to talk about these things, but intuitively know that Sebastien says correctly. Sebastien, I support you.

Thank you
Sep 11, 2013 at 12:39 AM
sebastienros: "I am a dick and all successful projects need one."
Haha - although you don't need it - this quote alone would've cemented my vote; 'best post I've ever read on the forum' :)
Sep 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Piotr - Sebastien seems a good ticket from sebastien's point of view.
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM
"I strongly support moving to a document database"

BertrandLeRoy ain't getting my vote, but I think sebastienros will ;)

Disclaimer: Ain't the only thing I disliked, just stating the one that scared me the most :P
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Hahaha :) Because you think Sébastien doesn't? Re-read his message.
Sep 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM
BertrandLeRoy wrote:
Hahaha :) Because you think Sébastien doesn't? Re-read his message.
He, err, had some more convincing (read: shotgun-to-head) arguments :p

I do hope there is a public vote on the YesSql thing in general though (with some 'campaign' around it to explain how he/you see things).
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Edited Sep 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM
@AimOrchard, BTW what's you thoughts about it ? Have you looked at it ? I could bet you would like Ochard to use a micro orm where you could run the exact SQL you want.
Developer
Sep 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM
As always I have decided to give you all the opportunity to vote for me again. But why!?

What did I achieve this year;
  • Presented at Orchard Harvest and met a bunch of awesome people
  • A member of the team that delivered http://www.johnvarvatos.com/
  • Fixed a shed load of issues in core and helped contribute.
  • I help people for free
Modules Delivered:
  • Rewrite of Open Authentication module to use ASP.Net Libs based on DotNetOpenAuth
  • The Orchard Forums module (http://orchardprojectforum.azurewebsites.net/)
  • Import Export module from external schemas (Wordpress and BlogML built in)
More experimental modules delivered this year:
  • Orchard Inline Editing
  • SignalR
  • Operational Transformation (I presented this module at a talk in London)
  • Forum Theme
  • Orchard Wave features based on SignalR and Forums module
https://github.com/Jetski5822?tab=repositories

I am suprised I did all of this in my free time!

My goals for next year:
  • Push for the tagging module to be removed from core.
  • Be nicer in replying to people on the Issue Tracker. I have already stopped saying “Where’s the patch?”
  • Continue to help people
  • Be a little more awesome every day.
New Modules To Deliver:
  • Lucene Contrib module, this will include Lucene highlighter, and bunch of new analyzers
  • Custom Layouts
  • Extensions to Forums
Improvements:
  • Orchard Inline Editing
  • Forums Extension modules
  • A push to change the Admin theme
So if you have used or plan on using any of my modules, vote for me so that I feel needed
Sep 12, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Hey Nick, do you intend to improve doc in all your useful modules also :) (+why getting all these warning with OAuth concerning packages)
Developer
Sep 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Absolutely I intend of adding more documentation. p.s. I pushed new documentation a while ago for the Open Authentication module see: https://github.com/Jetski5822/NGM.OpenAuthentication/wiki
Developer
Sep 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Lombiq Technologies Ltd. would like to nominate itself as a candidate!

A company, not an individual? How, why, what, can you explain, I am confused?

What is Lombiq, who are we? What have we done until now?
  • Lombiq was founded by Zoltán (Piedone) and Benedek (nightwolf226), long time Orchard developers from Hungary this May.
  • The company's strategy's key point is Orchard: our main focus is web development consultancy, advisory and training, using solely Orchard. Lombiq revolves around Orchard and we truly believe in the idea of openness as in open knowledge and open source.
  • We have contributed numerous open source modules and themes to the community as Lombiq itself and dozens as individuals (see Benedek's and Zoltán's Codeplex profile). Not only this but under either Zoltán's or Benedek's name we have made many contributions to Orchard itself, starting from version 1.4 (they are also core contributors of Orchard with push rights).
  • A long time ago we started Orchard Hungary to represent Orchard in Hungary and also write an English blog for it.
  • Benedek is the maintainer of the online localization tool, coordinating localization efforts, updating the online database from .po files and having done most of the Hungarian 1.7 (and older versions') translations.
  • The weekly podcasts from the Community Meeting are recorded, edited and uploaded by Benedek.
  • Both of us were presenters at Orchard Harvest 2012 in Los Angeles and Zoltán at Orchard Harvest 2013 in Amsterdam.
  • Orchard training is one of our strong skills: among others we held the first official Orchard university subject and opened the Orchard learning site Orchard Dojo. Orchard Dojo contains many open Orchard resources like the vast collection of Orchard Dojo Library. We also created the Training Demo module for the sole purpose of teaching Orchard development.
    Aaand, big news that we haven't announced officially yet: we'll continue our Orchard subject on Óbuda University this fall in English! Not just this but simultaneously we'll host the subject as a free and open online course on Orchard Dojo too!
What are we going to do for Orchard?
  • We'd like to not only keep up our regular contributions but also extend it: we'd like to allocate a dedicated part of our development resources to core contributions to help Orchard evolve faster.
  • Helping decisions as a member of the Steering Committee we'd continue to push Orchard forward as a developer-friendly web application platform; we've never seen Orchard as just a CMS but as a full-fledged application framework.
  • We can provide additional sponsorship for the Orchard ecosystem like we've sponsored this year's Harvest.
  • We continue to evangelize Orchard in the communities reachable for us: at universities, on Hungarian developer websites and technology meetups, like we've done before.
  • We continue to provide open learning materials for developers.
What concrete areas will we work on or support in the near future?
  1. YesSQL migration as we find it a perfect fit for Orchard
  2. Dashboard widgets: something proposed in 2011
  3. Orchard conferences around the globe, especially in Europe
  4. Integration of AngularJS as the choice of client-side framework for Rich UIs: Angular is an excellent, complete framework and given that it builds on jQuery and jQuery is already in the Core it's a plausible step forward.
  5. Orchard certifications: we are already working on a fair and open way of gauging Orchard expertise but we'd be happy to bring this up to open debate.
  6. Documentation: we strive to provide at least basic documentation for our every project, but we've signed up to document Workflows!
Why as a legal entity instead of an individual candidate?

Lombiq is more than just Zoltán and Benedek and it's also more than a group of several individuals; we're a team, currently consisting of five people and growing.
  • As a team we work better and smarter than as individuals: we can do much more with joint efforts than we can do individually.
  • Tenders and accelerator programs commonly require the applicants to be companies; we're actively seeking such opportunities for Orchard.
  • It's easier to organize events or gather sponsors for them as a company.
  • We're a privately owned, independent company that strives to be as transparent and open as possible.
Let us work for Orchard as a Steering Committee member too! We won't let you down!
Developer
Sep 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Tossing my hat in the ring this year as well!

I've been an active member of this awesome community and the Steering Committee since their very early days. Almost forever, so to speak.
During this time:
  • It's highly likely I came across most of you;)
  • I did my best to help you solve and troubleshoot various kinds of issues related to Orchard development and usage__ - on forums, StackOverflow, Twitter, personal e-mail and even over phone. For free.
  • Attended and presented on both Orchard Harvest conferences - in Santa Monica (2012) and Amsterdam (2013)
  • Sponsored the Orchard Harvest Conference in Amsterdam (2013). Afterparty was on me;)
  • Brought you lots of useful Orchard modules (SignalR, Push Notifications, Onestop Navigation to begin with), core improvements and other goodies.
  • Co-founded a company - Proligence - focused almost entirely on Orchard custom development and consultancy. We had to put a lot of faith in Orchard then but now, after those few years, we're sure it was a great decision! Being strong OSS advocates, we're doing our best to give back to the community as much as possible. Oh, and we're hiring!
  • I blogged about Orchard development (last year was not as productive as it could, but I promise I'll get better;)
  • Managed to learn Orchard source by heart (kidding;)
So... The last few years were entirely about Orchard for me. And that's not going to change in the near future for sure.

My plans for the next year are to (in random order):
  • Focus on custom application development side of things - better extensibility, more and better components, performance etc.
  • Bring you many more cool modules, especially ones that help speed up Orchard-based application development and integration with external/existing stuff. At Proligence we already have a bunch of those to be announced over the incoming weeks!
  • Make Redis, SignalR and Twitter Bootstrap support into the core. These are just too useful to be kept outside!
  • Make creating and editing shapes and shape alternates directly from Dashboard finally come true
  • Help make Workflows even better
  • Advocate for Warsaw (Poland) as the place to hold one of the next Orchard Harvest conferences
  • Help on building better documentation
In a nutshell - I'm an Orchard developer like lots of you, and, like lots of you I like to make my life easier. I'll strive to use my knowledge to make Orchard as good, easy to use, fast and robust development platform as possible. Just help me do it with your votes! I'll be very grateful for all your support.
Sep 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Thanks but are companies admitted as ST members?
What a creativity :)
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM
We'll vote on that today.
Sep 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM
@Bertrand, could you recall us time and url (Skype or Lync ? or else ?)
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM
http://orchardproject.net/meeting That's a Lync conference.
Developer
Sep 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I am also candidate.

I have been involved in the Orchard project for more than 3 years.

Since then, I tried to find how I can help the project to grow.

Here are some of the achievements I have contributed these past months:
  • Answered discussions on Codeplex and StackOverflow
  • Submitted modules on the Orchard Gallery
  • Designed themes using popular css frameworks
  • Attended to almost all Steering Committee Meetings
  • Been added as a Commiter on the project
  • Developed on some Core features as Orchard.Fields, DatePicker, Media library
  • Resolved issues, reviewed and integrated patches
  • Participated to the Harvest conferences in Santa Monica and Amsterdam
  • Initiated communities as Orchard Project.fr, .be, .ch
  • Translated French resources
  • Translated documentation in French
  • Compared the features available with other popular .NET or php CMSs
My goals for the next months will be :
  • Find new interesting features and implement them in Modules
  • Create nice themes with cool design.
  • Make improvements to the Admin UI : Theme, Dashboard, ...
  • Contribute to keep the Documentation up to date : undocumented features, Roadmap ...
  • Fix bug, add core features, integrate pull requests, ...
  • Write articles : Extend, simple How to, ...
  • Suggest enhancements to make Orchard a real challenger with other CMSs
So, please, vote for me.
Developer
Sep 17, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Following the decision of the Steering Committee today that only individuals can nominate themselves as members I'd like to refer to Lombiq's nomination: while this means we certainly won't be part of the Committee and won't take part in its votes, this of course doesn't mean that we won't do everything else we've listed above. After discussing the matter we came to the decision that neither me nor Benedek will nominate ourselves individually.
Sep 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Edited Sep 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Dommage, sometimes the company paradigm bring us further than we .... ?
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Thanks Zoltan. I do regret that neither you nor Benedek will be a candidate.
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
With this, we have our 9 candidates. No new candidacy will be accepted. The voting thread is here: https://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/457240
Sep 18, 2013 at 5:59 AM
sebastienros wrote:
@AimOrchard, BTW what's you thoughts about it ? Have you looked at it ? I could bet you would like Ochard to use a micro orm where you could run the exact SQL you want.
Ok, I took a deeper look now and I'm starting to gain interest but: has this code been 'proven' yet? Is it used somewhere at the moment? If so, where and how?
Sep 18, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2013 at 6:08 AM
The discussion of database platforms belongs on a different discussion thread.
Sep 18, 2013 at 6:09 AM
morrisonbrett wrote:
The discussion of database platforms belongs on a different discussion thread.
I'm just following up on him (notice the question marks).
Sep 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM
BertrandLeRoy wrote:
  • I will be nicer and more supportive in forums. I promise. I may still occasionally crack an unfunny joke because I can't help it.
Bertrand's comments are the best part about reading the forums =)
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Do you want me to promise to be meaner? ;)