Nwazet.Commerce with Richinoz.Paypal Modules

Topics: Troubleshooting
Sep 1, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Hi everyone,
I just want to mention that I am new with Orchard CMS, so please excuse me if I am making a stupid mistake =)

First things first: I am using Orchard 1.6.1 with Nwazet.Commerce and Richinoz.Paypal modules.

The nwazet.commerce module is working great! I haven't had any problems with it and really like the simplicity of the module.

The problem I am having is with the Richinoz.Paypal module. Orchard will not generate the PaypalCheckoutSettingsPart record from the module into the database (SQL Servce CE), which is preventing the PayPal settings being added to the Dashboard. Looking through the module everything seems to be in order, along with the matching groupInfo.Id on the handler and driver. I've tried deleting the mappings.bin file within App_Data and re-enabling the module to no avail. There is definitely an error happening somewhere being that an orchard-error-2013.08.31.log is getting created within App_Data/Logs. The problem with the error log is that it is completely empty. I am not sure how to debug this being that Orchard is dynamically adding the module.

Any advice on how to trouble shoot this would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh
Sep 15, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Anyone have any ideas on what the issue might be? (e.g bump)

Thanks,
Josh
Sep 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Why don't you ask the author of Richinoz.Paypal ?
Oct 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Trying to get Richinoz.PayPal to work with 1.8.1.
But no settings entry and also no PayPal button added on checkout page.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Feb 16, 2015 at 7:57 PM
The ICheckoutService has a few additions on the latest Nwazet.Commerce module that need addressing. There is a new Name property and GetChargeAdminUrl needs to be implemented on the PayPalCheckoutService; The PayPalCheckoutService also needs some more constructor injections put in. All of this can be found in the Stripe module included with Nwazet.Commerce and worked in.
Feb 16, 2015 at 8:23 PM
So did you get Richinoz.PayPal to work with 1.8.1?
Need PayPay too, so heavily interested. Thanks.
Feb 18, 2015 at 1:18 PM
Edited Feb 18, 2015 at 1:21 PM
I looked at the Richinoz.PayPal module, it needs a few updates:
  1. Target the .Net 4.5.1 framework (currently it targets 4.0)
  2. Implement the missing ICheckoutService members:
  public string Name { get { return "PayPal"; } }

public string GetChargeAdminUrl(string transactionId) {
      if (!transactionId.StartsWith(Name + ":")) return null;

const string urlPattern = "http://theurltopaypal/{0}??"; // Not sure which url goes here

return string.Format(urlPattern, transactionId.Substring(Name.Length + 1));
  }
And adapt the public dynamic BuildCheckoutButtonShape function so it uses the correct parameters (don't forget to adapt the Shape/View also to use these parameters)
Feb 19, 2015 at 3:29 PM
You can find the URL's for the GetChargeAdminUrl in the PaypalCheckout.cshtml view itself as the checkoutUrl.
@{
    Script.Include("Paypal.js");

var checkoutUrl = String.Format(Model.UseSandbox ? "https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" : "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr");
    var isMini = Model.IsMiniCart != null && (bool)Model.IsMiniCart;
    var width = isMini ? 160 : 150;
    var height = isMini ? 43 : 40;