Custom Form File Upload in 1.7

Topics: Troubleshooting
Aug 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM
So, I'm running v1.7.0 and I've been searching to find a way to enable file uploads on my custom forms.

I've used both the Custom Forms module and the oForms module but still cannot figure out how to create a content definition type or part that allows the user to upload a file, and actually have that file appear in the Media folder. And each module suggested to do this throughout the discussion archives (FileField, ImageField, MediaPicker) are deprecated in v1.7.0.

The only fields available are: Content Picker and Media Library Picker field. I think these are what I want, but when I add them to the Content Type, there is nothing displayed on the front end. If I'm supposed to use those, is there a tutorial on them?

Does anyone have a suggestion on best solution for this? I'd prefer not to use a web app like Wufoo if I dont have to.
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM
These are actually not what you want, because they are designed to be used in the admin, not on the front-end. I'm afraid you'll have to build your own.
Sep 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Edited Sep 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Thanks Bertrand!

Just to clarify: you mean build my own module or Content Part?
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Yes.
Sep 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I was able to figure out how to get the file uploading on the oForm module. But thanks for your help!