How do I Find Unpublished Content?

Topics: Administration
Aug 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Someone just told me that they recently (accidentally) cloned a piece of content from the Admin => Content => Search page, but that they weren't sure which piece of content they cloned.

We have enough content that browsing through to find it isn't a good use of time.

I was unable to find a way that admins can filter content items by their published status. Maybe this is more of a Lucene question, but how would I craft a query that finds content items that have either never been published or have a draft that is newer than the latest published date?
Sep 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Since cloning creates a new draft when sorting on modified (or probably created) date you should be able to see it on the top.
Sep 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Well, I think the issue was that the cloned item kept the created/modified dates of the original content item.

Either way, wouldn't it be nice to be able to filter out all the content items in your collection that have unpublished drafts? You may not have caught that the content item needed to be published while it was still "fresh".
Feb 6, 2014 at 1:06 PM
This sounds similar to a problem I'm having: I have a Logo content item type and I have only one piece of content of this type. When I clone it, I get a message that the clone was successful, but the new item is not listed on the Admin page, even after refreshing page. I did it again with breakpoints and everything looks like it works, and this time I got the ID of the new item. Even though it isn't in the Admin page for Logos, I can hack the URL for editing my original item and change the ID to the new one , which brings it up for editing. After I press the Save button, the item now appears in the admin page. It seems similar to another problem we have with come content: clicking the Unpublish link causes the item to disappear from the admin list. I've done a bunch of searching, and this issue is the closest I've seen to anybody having the same problem.