Content Permissions in Dashboard?

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General
Aug 15, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I created a new role for a blog user that would have access to only their blog content. However every role seems to have implicit rights to 'view all content', and 'view own content'. I do not want the role to see anything in the admin view except their blog. Because of 'view all content' they can see the content menu and view the content pages. Is there a built in way to prevent this or to I have to code it i.e. customized dashboard?
Aug 21, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I love the design and structure of this project but I have to get these issues resolved without coding it all have limited time to complete. Hate to say it but might have to switch to Joomla with a broader community support....
Aug 21, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Did you try creating a role with permissions locked down to just "manage own blogs"?
Aug 21, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Edited Aug 21, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Yes - thanks for the response. Issue is the role has to have 'access admin panel' permission to manage/publish blog content. I am not able to find a way to remove view permissions to the 'Content' manage link so the user can see it and therefore all of the page structures. 'View all content' is implicitly inherited. Even though they can't edit it will be confusing to an end user and they shouldn't see that level of detail. Was thinking of building a custom 'User' dashboard to resolve or be able to place the widget for creating blog content on a page the role has rights to but have time constraints. Looked in the gallery but didn't see anything that would resolve....