Website is taking too much time to load.

Topics: Administration, General, Troubleshooting
Aug 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Hi, my website is taking 22secs to load. We realized about the issue when we deployed.

We have enabled cache and warmup, and it stills is slow.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

This is the website:

http://inversionistas.argos.com.co
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM
The warmup module should work fine and answer very quickly, please try with a blank site, even with a controller providing a Thread.Sleep.

Startup time might be influenced by your modules too, if they load lots of content, and the queries are slow then if will be long.

Stupid remark, how long does Windows take to start ? How do you fix that ? The hidden question being, how often does your website restarts, is it really so important, though the warmup module should mitigate this.
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2013 at 6:43 AM
If it takes 22s, I would profile it to figure out what's wrong. First thing I would do however is test a vanilla install of Orchard. If it's also slow, that means that it's your server that is very slow, not Orchard. If it's not, then profile and figure out what additional stuff is making the site slow.
Aug 20, 2013 at 3:29 AM
I have tried with the warmup module and cache module, but does not work, so i tried disable many modules and i reduced 5s, now the website is taking only 15s to load, it's still slow, additionally I have to add that I do too many operations (queries) on the main page.
Aug 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM
jcardona wrote:
I have tried with the warmup module and cache module, but does not work, so i tried disable many modules and i reduced 5s, now the website is taking only 15s to load, it's still slow, additionally I have to add that I do too many operations (queries) on the main page.
Don't feel that bad, our site has a multiple minute launch time (lots of initial 'caching' going on)

Once launched it is usually pretty fast though ^^
Sep 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM
What version of Orchard are you using and how are you preparing the files that you deploy?

Orchard may be very slow in debug mode, so it is best to generate a release package before deployment (using the build.cmd script). Your deployment package will be generated in build\Stage folder.

Orchard 1.7 has a new cool feature called the precompiled package. It contains only the files needed to run your website, without files for debugging, dynamic compilation, etc. You can generate this package by adding the "Precompiled" argument to build.cmd and the output will be generated in build\Precompiled folder.