Sending Data From one tenant to other tenant - Multitenancy

Topics: Writing modules
Aug 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Hi, the issue is simple. I have a Global(default) site for a company and 7 tenants, each tenant belongs to a different country. The products of the company are global, for all the countries. Each tenant should get the products from Default site.

In order to solve this issue I created a simple function(getProducts) in a controller that was returning a json file with the products serialized. Each tenant should just invoke the http service exposed in the controller and that's it. It works perfect on localhost. But when it is deployed it throws: this error:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 201.220.44.68:80 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at SitiosArgos.Drivers.ProductWidgetPartDriver.Display(ProductWidgetPart part, String displayType, Object shapeHelper)
The service also works when the calls are made in different servers (i mean, two sites in two different servers, and in one of the sites, make the request from the application to the service on the other server) or by web browser.

Here is the service that i am trying to consume from tenants deployed in azure:
http://sitiosargos.azurewebsites.net/GetProducts?currentCulture=es-CO&defaultCulture=es-CO
[it is working]

I know this issue is not something from orchard itself. But if someone know how to face this issue with tenants, it would be very helpfully to me!!!

Any clue about how to get some data from one tenant to other? I just need to send info from the Default tenant to another tenant. That's it!!! i don't need fancy things!!! just get a string in whatever way it is possible from one tenant to another!!!

Thx !
Aug 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I could not find i way to fix the socket exception. So, i end up using files to share data btwn tenants instead the service.