Format email messages for CustomForms

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Troubleshooting
Aug 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Hi all,

Is it possible to format the email messages that I defined I the Rules module?
Now it renders a body as plain text, but I need it to be a readable format.

Thanks,
Daniel
Aug 30, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Hey Daniel, did you ever come up with a solution? I'm currently in the same boat with one big long string that is sent? I wish to separate fields by adding a return/line break at each one.
Thanks Gil
Aug 30, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Oh ye gods?! Scrap that, when I attempted HTML in the first place my messages weren't coming through due to other reasons [sorted my forwarding now] - so yes, good old HTML to format the rule embarrassed -- sorry guys, cheers Gil
Aug 30, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Ehm... yes. Well, what about that other reasons? My entered HTML codes don't appear in the messages.
Can you elaborate more on that?

Thanks! :)
Sep 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Basically, it always worked for me - but I wasnt receiving all test emails I was formatting due to network issues [nothing to do with Orchard] - so when I was adding <li>'s etc., I assumed the changes werent working, when they really were [...after I received 20+ emails around an hour later]. I only wanted to separate my fields on a per-line basis, hence <li> was all I needed - I have no need to saturate the message with a lot of HTML. So sorry, i'm not sure why your html formatting isnt being recognized?